I'm sorry to say that after twelve years of faithful service, my stove that came with the lake house has gone to that great junk pile in the sky. I wanted to say a few words, but Bob refused. Sheesh. Not very nice. Anyway, we got a great new self-cleaning stove at Lowe's. Bob negotiated a good deal, as it was in the scratch and dent aisle. Either we're going blind or there isn't a mark on it.
I think I overdid because the boys were coming for the weekend. I made a Hershey chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. I frosted it like a giant moon cookie, half dark and half white. I made a loaf of white bread for sandwiches, a loaf of raisin cinnamon swirl bread with cream cheese icing, a big pan of cinnamon raisin rolls, and a large bowl of pasta salad.
Later on, we were in the kitchen and I heard loud buzzing, cracking and snapping. I turned around and one burner on the stove was throwing sparks as if someone was welding. Sparks were going in all different directions. It looked as if someone lit a firecracker on top of my stove! Needless to say, I nearly ran Bob over. Poor Tyler spilled every bit of food out of his dish, because he had been eating when it happened. Weird though. I don't know how he did it, because the dish is weighted on the bottom and doesn't tip. Anyway, all the food was in a pile in front of his dish. Joey was nowhere to be found. Bob said it was like every wife and dog for himself because we ran so fast. He had been standing in front of the refrigerator when I pushed him out of my way. HA HA. I was saying "Don't stop! Don't stop!" He told me later he'd never moved in the first place. That's where he was the entire time. I thought he ran too.
(CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE)
Monday, September 10, 2012
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Facebook: Facebook is a social utility that connects people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.