OUR BOOKS

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We have been so busy. Bob, the Keeshonds and I moved back to the lake. In three days I had everything unpacked. Just as I was settling in, we packed some clothes, dropped the dogs back in NY and left for a four day trip to Virginia. Ack! We went to celebrate Bob's son's 40th birthday. His loving wife had an awesome surprise party for him. We're back now and unpacked again. My heels are dug firmly in the ground and I am not leaving this lake until the end of June when we go to South Carolina.

My fingers are itching to start digging in my gardens. First Bob has to rototill the veggie garden and buy my tomato and pepper plants. I do everything else from seed. The flower beds will take a lot of work. Damn weeds moved in while we were away. I need to get them out before my perennials get too big.

That's it for now folks. Happy spring!

6 comments:

Debra Slater-Manter said...

So happy that you're at the lake! So many memories!! I can never forget our gardens...or your windsocks! Can't wait for you to get to North Carolina next month!!! Missing ya'!! XOXXO Deb

Unknown said...

Memories? Laughing attacks you mean. I'll never ever forget you ripping plants out of your garden by their necks and planting them in my garden. Thankfully they all survived. Hotel California lives. hehe

Debra Slater-Manter said...

I don't think I was laughing when that bumblebee knocked me out of the seat and almost out of the boat! That was a night I'll never forget. Was there alcohol involved? Oh, yeah...I believe there was! But you know what I really miss? RED lipstick and big earrings! 5 cent bath, anyone?? Hahaha!

Unknown said...

There must have been a LOT of alcohol involved if you think that bumblebee knocked you out of the seat and out of the boat.lol

Debra Manter said...

It was a very large bumblebee... and if you remember right...it's butt was lit!!

Unknown said...

Yes, it was rather large for a bee. Yes, I recall that his rear end was on fire, but I distinctly remember telling you not to light it.