For the Love of Anne, will be Tika Newman's next release. This is a chance for you to have a cameo role in the book! For the Love of Anne is set in Chicago, Illinois, in the late 1880s. What we are looking for, is interesting stories of why an ancestor of yours immigrated to the United States any time between 1620 to the early 1900s.
Your ancestors did NOT have to have settled in Chicago. As long as they immigrated to the U.S. between 1620 and the early 1900s, that's all that is important. We will use whatever names you supply, and prefer them to be traditional names of the country your ancestors immigrated from.
THE TOP THREE STORIES SELECTED WILL SEE THEIR STORY PRINTED IN LOVE FOR THE LOVE OF ANNE - AND, WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF THE BOOK. Winners outside of the U.S. will be required to pay their own postage.
1. We are looking for only a few paragraphs. If your entry is too long, it will not be considered.
2. If you use historical facts and/or dates, we must be able to verify. In other words, if you write about your grandparents immigration from Scotland, and you use facts and dates, it must be facts about what was happening in their former country when they immigrated. The stories can be embellished, as long as the time frame is accurate. For the Love of Anne is an historical novel, so this is important.
The easiest way to do this, is to look up your ancestor's country, and see what would have caused them to immigrate to the U.S. What forced them, or made them want to leave thier own country? We hope to have entrants that are factual, however, as long as your ancestors immigrated from another country, you may change the actual year they immigrated.
3. As the jobs that your ancestors found after relocating to the U.S. must fit the storyline, Thistlewood Publishing reserves the right to change their occupation. Thistlewood Publishing may contact you by e-mail, if any major changes need to be made.
4. Winners will not be required to sign a release form. Entrance in the contest will be considered permission for Tika Newman and Thistlewood Publishing to publish their story.
5. Winners will be notified by e-mail, and posted in this blog, announced in Thistlewood Publishing's website http://www.thistlewoodpublishing.com/ , My Space, and in Facebook!
6. To enter: Send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please do not use attachments. Post your entry in the body of your mail.
7. Contest deadliine is April 15, 2010.