A delicious light peach dessert that has just enough sugar to bring out the natural sweetness of the peaches without overpowering them. So fresh tasting. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 7 - 8 fresh peaches
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 3 Tbsp white sugar
· 3 Tbsp brown sugar
· 1 level teaspoon baking powder
· Dash of salt
· 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
· 1/4 cup boiling water
- TOPPING: MIX TOGETHER:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Over an ungreased 2 or 3 quart baking dish, peel and slice the peaches. You want to enjoy every drop of that delicious juice. Add 3 Tbsp white sugar, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Stir, and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, - 3 Tbsp white sugar, 3 Tbsp brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in butter with a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in water.
- Remove peaches from oven, and drop spoonfuls of cobbler top over them. Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon mixture on top. Bake until topping is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping. 8/15/2012, BY GAIL WESTOVER